Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Belvedere Square Market


Ugh. This place is HEAVEN. I have been in Baltimore for nearly 7 years now and never have I ever set foot in the Market side of Belvedere Square. Why did no one spend more time raving about this place?! Belvedere Square is a collection of restaurants and boutiques, tucked away near the corner of Northern Pkwy and York Rd. So I have spend multiple Sunday mornings "in the square" at Ryan's Daughter for their brunch; but never in the actual Market. Little did I know what I was missing :)

Look at this lunch. This is why I eat. Neopol Smoked Salmon Salad with Ceriello Grilled Vegetables on a bed of greens for lunch! I couldn't decide on a single dish from just one seller so I chose some sauteed veggies from the prepared foods case at Ceriello (sorta expensive- $9/lb) and then opted for a half portion smoked salmon salad from Neopol. A harmonious blend of flavors and was actually very filling. I can't even fathom finishing the full portion of this. The smoked salmon salad may seem like a foreign concept but it works, seriously. The salmon is smoked on premise and then mixed with a light amount of mayo, herbs and some standard seasonings to make for a delicious salad. The texture was not off putting as one might find mushy fish to be.

Looking forward to my next lunch break at the Market. But next time, I will be sure to leave room for dessert from one of the other neighborly vendors.

Here's a short list of the Market sellers in case anyone's interested. I hope to sample something from each at some point before...I leave Baltimore?

Atwater's

Excellent artisan baked goods, soups and sandwiches...expensive but worth it.

Bon Bon's
Ice cream and sweet treats.

Ceriello Fine Foods
Italian grocery with a fabulous prepared foods selection...fresh mozz and homemade bottled sauces for sale!

Earth's Essence
Don't know...didn't stop by but I'm sure it's good.

Farmstead Cheese
Fromagerie, associated with Atwater's. J'adore fromage!

Grand Cru
Darling wine bar. Very low key and unpretentious looking.

Ikan Seafood & Sushi
Everybody needs a sushi joint.

Market Bakery
More Atwater's affiliates...specialty bakery with gourmet tea & coffee.

Planet Produce
Fresh produce I presume.

Neopol Savory Smokery
I dream about their cheese spreads; the presentation is beyond adorable. (see below)

No comments: