Friday, August 29, 2008

Thursday Follow-up

Quick back track on yesterday's Baltimore running and eating excursions...

Evergreen for AM, free lunch at work with the rest of the faculty and staff. Catered by Big Bad BBQ. Fabulously seasoned chicken BBQ, oodles of old bay and fascinating sauce options. I certainly had my share of meat with additional sides of course; tomato and cucumber salad, a little over the top with the dressing but good, along with standard mac and cheese; not the way that mom makes but it fit the bill. Dessert was very fitting; either pecan pie or sweet potato pie? The latter pie was highly debated at my lunch table as half of us were convinced it was standard pumpkin while the others thought it was sweet potato. Either way, I could eat it all day but thankfully was able to throw in the towel after two mini slices :)

After work met the new members of the XC team after their run. Very excited about this coming season, seems like a strong group of devoted runners. Since I missed the workout with the team, I met up with marathon mama for a ridiculously crazy workout as usual. Druid Hill was the selected locale and we enjoyed an intense hour long interval workout around the reservoir. Weather was perfect with a bit of chill in the air.

20 min warm up
immediately followed by 15x 1min ON, 1min OFF
10 min cool down

Sheesh was I sore. Probably should have taken it easy after jumping back on the running bandwagon yesterday following a 5 day hiatus. Chipotle for dinner in Towson with my sister; I was anxious to visit her at her new apartment in Towson by school. Although, now I have been there two times, I actually haven't gone IN the apartment. I will soon enough. Had the burrito bowl at Chipotle, vegetarian this time which I haven't done in a while. Didn't seem to be missing much without the standard chicken, fajita vegetables and salsas more than made up for it. Punished a bag of salty chips that certainly helped scoop the gargantuous mound of guac. Yum.

Good recap.

No comments: