Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break Meet wrap-up

Tiger Track Ladies did a great job this past Saturday at the Coastal Carolina Spring Break Invitational in Myrtle Beach. Considering it was a a blustery 45 degrees the majority of the day. Lots of outdoor PR's (first outdoor meet of the season) and a general good time. Just wish it could have been WARMER. Results here

We stayed right on the beach which was pleasant. Early morning runs, wet sand, and lots of seashells. I have some great shots that I will need to upload from my camera at some point. I took full advantage of this trip as a break from everyday life and proceeded to eat every burger, fry, ice cream available. It was well worth it.

With the kick-off of outdoor comes the planning of my "racing season". Which will be slim but I figure if I can put some things down officially and get myself to eventually register, I will be on the right track. No strategy as of yet but plan to run around 2 short races (5K or so) in preperation for another half; perhaps the Broad Street Run thrown in there as well...in passing, I also hope to run an 800m race on the track at some point by end of summer. Ambitious!

And now for something completely unrelated...




"Scans of sandwiches for education and delight" YUM!




No comments: