Monday, February 02, 2009

Ahh...I get it.

So I figured out what the significance of that cardboard cutout is that I mentioned in an earlier post...

As it seems, Mt Vernon is pushing for a new homeless shelter on Fallsway, at the old Transportation Agency Building. There was some initial resistance being such close proximity to Mt Vernon proper, but it appears that the city officials and community board have come to some sort of compromise.

This is walking distance from my place. I don't really have a problem with this locale; hopefully the Mt Vernon community can recognize the significance of this.

Anyone saying- "Not in my backyard" should actually LOOK in their backyard and realize, their ARE homeless individuals living there (ie: Mt Vernon Parks). We might as well provide a facility with a roof, then those individuals will be less inclined to literally be in your yard! Not a sermon...just a thought :)

Baltimore Sun Article

No comments: