Friday, February 13, 2009

Back to Work(outs)

So I did my first "official" workout after at least 6 weeks of just running distance. Ew. Of course it had to be ridiculously windy which was quite the deterrent. The backstretch of the track was utterly impossible to navigate. That being said, I bailed on the initially planned broken 800s workout and decided on "a bunch of 200's." Being vague on exact quantity of intervals was the key- limiting ourselves to 200's meant we wouldn't have to exert any effort into the headwind. Nice.

20 min warm up on track
5min: 30 seconds TEMPO, 30 seconds JOG
drills

So in my head I thought 10 total would be pushing it, especially if I was trying to hit 35, with 200m jog recovery. Well, the first 6 went something like this-

33
37
36
36
35
36

That is NOT quite consistent 35's. I am officially OUT OF workout SHAPE. I can blame some of this on the wind can't I?

after a 3 min walk recovery, I decided to do 4 more for an even 10...this turned into 6, because my training partner wanted to do an even 1.5 miles. Thanks.

34
35
35
33
36
35

10 min cool down

By 6PM, swirling wind was howling and 3/4 of the track was headwind. Thank god I was done early. But now I can gloat for a week that I did a workout but probably won't touch the track for a bit :(

No comments: